Ok, I decided to do a real post about my trip to New Orleans. As I may have mentioned before, Dwight took over 300 pictures of our trip. But I, for some reason, am never able to download more than 5 at a time onto my blog. So I decided to just post my top 5 things about my trip to New Orleans. so here they are, in no particular order, just the order I downloaded them in.
1. Oak Alley plantation. I loved ALL the plantations, but this one was my favorite. I could have spent the entire trip just touring the plantations and been happy. They all had huge trees, and a lot of history to them. Some of the history may not have been so happy, but it was history, and very interesting history too. Couldn't you just hang out all day looking down at those trees?
2. Jay. He was the best tour guide ever. Very flamboyant! He had a funky southern/creole accent that made him hard to understand, at first, then as you got to know him better, I mean really got to know him, you could hear every word he said clear as a bell. Even Dwight and Tom LOVED him. (Dwight took this photo of Jay, and Dwight only takes pictures of things that he loves. i.e. my behind)
3. Atticus. This particular picture was taken by me. It is Atticus' reaction to being left alone with dear aunt Amy. He clammed up the second he saw his dad walk out of the bathroom though. He is one of the cutest babies of those who have never come out of my womb. And by the end of the trip, he loved me. Plus, he is super squooshy, and it makes him fun to hold and snuggle.
4. The stinky "white" kids pretending to be poor dirty bums. That girl was so talented running a spoon across her wash board. Their song had no tune, and they were all off beat, but I think they were hurricane victims, so Dwight took their picture. There were many of these dorks all over the French Quarter. It was like Kurt Cobain and Seattle all over again.
5. Hanging out with Tom and Katie. If I was going in order of best to worst, this would for sure be at the top. I don't get to spend a lot of time with my sister in-law, we live in different states, and when we get together it is usually in a big group. I had a lot of fun with both of them. And it was especially great to have Katie there because we both had the same interests for this trip. And if she hadn't been there, I would have had to go on the scarey French Quarter ghost tour all alone. Then I would have had to walk all alone through the French Quarter, past all the bums, to get to my car. So thanks for saving my life. I would have probably been raped or something had you not been there with me. You saw my butt... you know it would have happened.
1 day ago