Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bean Bags, Trash Bags, and Dirty Underwear

About 5 years ago we bought one of those GIANT bean bags. I think they're called love sacks. But it wasn't your typical GIANT bean bag, it was THE BIGGEST one they make. It was well used. For several months it was even used as a child gate for our family room. When we moved into our bigger house a couple years ago we put the bag in the bonus room. There it was totally abused by every kid that ever stepped foot into that room. Lately the zipper has been coming undone and it creates a huge mess. The kids don't ever tell me the zipper is open until it is to the point of foam everywhere. Well, with it being Christmas break, the kids have been sleeping in the bonus room every night, and they have been staying up later and later. The other night I went up there to shut them up and try to get them to go to bed. When I walked in the room I about had a stroke. The zipper to the bean bag was completely broken off and the crap was EVERYWHERE!!!!!
I freaked out, and then made them all get up and help me clean it up. We decided it was time to throw the thing out. But the foam padding stuff inside was all staticky and there was just so much of it. You can see from these pictures how terrified my kids were of me....




Howie was all smiles the whole time, no matter who was yelling at him.



Can you believe I threw out the bag and not the kids?


We ended up sewing up the bag and filling 8 giant trash bags with foam. We were filling buckets then dumping them into the bags. It took about 2 hours!


The next day Dwight tipped the trash men when they came to take it away. I will no longer be endorsing this product.

Other than that, it has been a pretty mellow and relaxing break. I decided though I am obviously ignoring my kids a little too much, when Howie came downstairs dressed in this Saturday.


His face is filthy, he's wearing a shirt 2 sizes too small, I'm pretty sure that's the same underwear from the bean bag pictures several days before, and he's got snowboarding boots on. At least he looks happy.

9 comments:

Mary said...

Dad loved that bean bag! I'm sure glad he never got one, though. Congrats on getting it all cleaned up, sounds like a horrific chore.

E said...

I'm gonna miss that giant green blob thing. I've noticed that I've had significantly less laundry piled up around my house lately, cuz my kids have stopped changing their clothes on a daily basis. It's been nice.

Memzy said...

I'm so proud of you. I would have physically hurt one of my kids.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I think I'm gonna be sick.

This is the most horrifying post I've ever seen.

::running away screaming::

Markie23 said...

I need to get me some of those hulk briefs.

Emily said...

Oh my!! I'm speechless.

Angela Zweifel said...

Oh Amy - it is too funny! I am glad you got that mess cleaned up. Thanks for the fun last night! My blog isn't as fun as yours, but feel free to check it out. jeffzweifelfamily.blogspot.com

ManicMandee said...

That was a horrible mess. I feel bad for you. But I sure enjoyed seeing that personally. The last pic was the best.

Vegas Family said...

What a mess. I think I would of had to call in Merry Maids for that one.