***I had to add another thought at the end****
***I also forgot to mention, there are a few spoilers here, so read on with caution....sorry Becky and Jami*****
Believe it or not, (Edward would believe me) I finished all four books in four days. Talk about dedication. I discussed some of it with Jenny (who was trying to ruin it for me with her negative thoughts) as I was going through the last book. I have to say, I loved the last book. I have not slept well these last few days. So many questions going through my mind. I hated the depression Bella felt in the second book (I know we are discussing the fourth book, but you can't really do that without going through the entire story, plus since I read all four together it sort of feels like one LONG story to me). I hated the depression felt by Jacob in the third book. I needed the whole thing to be resolved with all parties being happy. I need to be able to sleep.
I am going to follow Cristin's pattern here.
Things I liked about the book:
1. I liked that Bella finally became the vampire she WHINED about wanting to become throughout the first 1500 pages or so. I liked that she became less whiny as a vampire.
I also liked that she changed just enough to make her become an improved Bella, that doesn't whine so much.
2. I liked that she had a child (we'll get to that child's name in my next grouping) and that Jacob "imprinted" on it. I could tell it was coming, and I was glad I was right. I didn't feel shocked by any of these things, I don't know why, I guess Stephanie must just be a good writer. I can't wait to have you all hear Jenny's points on this part, although negative, it made me laugh.
3. I liked how the author gave a lot of excessive descriptions and recapping for us all, and I am glad that I am so good at skipping all of that crap, so I would be able to read the book in such a shorter amount of time than I would have, had she filled all those pages with something important that I needed to read.
4. I liked how every single person important in Bella's life was so bonded at the end. Even though they were all fighting on such opposite sides to start. I really hate family conflict and drama:)
Things that annoyed me about the book:
1. Renesme..........I am not a fan of made up names. Sorry to those of you who are and who have given your child one. I am just telling you how bad this name annoyed me. I think that is why I liked Jacob so much, especially when he called her Nessie instead.
2. Rosalie did creep me out when Bella was pregnant, and during the delivery.
3. Bella's relationship with her mom was kind of dumb.
4. They didn't defeat the Vulturi, although this could be good if it left it open for another book.
I am glad I read the books, even if I had to sacrifice my family for them. Which is something Bella would have never done. I love all the religious innuendos throughout the book. "Eternal Marriage", "The final battle", "Not murdering", "Love your family", "acceptance", "The Book of Mormon is true", "Family Home Evening", "Saying no to premarital sex", "Saying no to abortion"..............wow, I never realized until now, how religious this book really was. I guess I should try to share it with some of my non-member friends as well.
I really could go on and on, but like I said, I have ignored my family for long enough. I would just like to close, by telling you all, that I love my family. I love my mom and dad. I love my roommates. I know this book is true. And I know that I am secretly Bella, and Edward loves me.
**I just started thinking. Have any of you ever seen The Truman Show. It is a kid that grows up on Tv, like the ultimate reality show. People watched it obsessively. They sat in the bar watching it, watched it at work, even in the tub. Then when it finally ended, after 30 or so years, they all just sat there a brief minute, then it was like they were free to go about life normally now. Well that is how I feel right now, having finished this series. I feel free to go on, and just be free to have a normal life again. Just wanted to add that thought to all of this. I hope it didn't deter from my earlier testimony.
15 hours ago