Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thank you Brenda!

Sorry, I have not had the time to update lately, but I now have almost 20 minutes to myself, and lucky for all of you, I have decided to use part of it to work on my blog. I was fortunate enough to get tagged by Brenda, so I have to write six random facts about me. So here goes:

1. I love to pretend shop. I always feel guilty actually buying things, but I love to go looking, as if I were going to buy them. And it isn't little things. I love to look at houses, cars and furniture. I probably go look at cars two or three times a month. Dwight is always commenting on the number of business cards that I have in the console of my car. They are all from salesmen, who I have no intention of ever calling. And I know I am wasting their time, giving them false hope, but I just can't help myself. It is a disease.

2. I have an obsession with craig's list. For those of you who don't know what that is, I will explain. It is an online classifieds, similar to an online garage sale. You can look local, and people put up pictures of their crap and try to sell it. I love looking at what people think their junk is worth. I love it when they say things like, "I love this and am ONLY selling it because......", or when they tell you what they originally paid for it and the extraordinary deal they are now offering to us. Occacsionally, you can find a good deal though, and it is just fun to look. My very favorite thing is when people post a picture of their item, like a couch for example, and they have all the family pets sitting on it while they take the picture. That makes it something someone would really want then. To buy a couch that has had animals on it. I am allergic, so maybe that is why I think it is dumb of them, but anyway, it is still funny to me. And this whole thing is about me, so that is why I put it.

3. I love pre-teen movies and tv shows. Drake and Josh is a good one. I love that my kids are watching the shows, so I can just act like it is on because Bailey is watching it. Some of my favorites have been, "10 Things I hate about you", "Pretty in Pink", "Breakfast Club", "High School Musical", "Better off Dead", "Mean Girls", "Center Stage".......the list embarrissingly goes on. The lamer they are, the more I like them. I am just really interested in whoever wrote it, whoever chose to produce it, and whoever chose to act in it and then on top of that, think they were cool for doing so. I am always embarrassed for them, but I love to watch it. It is like passing a car wreck for me, I just can't help but look. (You all should really watch the final dance in "Center Stage") I know I am not the only person in the family with this secret, but I will leave the others to disclose themselves when they are ready.....Sara. But, I think my all time favorite would have to be.....drum roll.........."Saved by the Bell". I know you all watched it too!

4. Oh, how I hate to get up in the morning. Oh, how I hate to get out of bed, but when I hear that buglars call, it's the saddest sound of all. I hate to get up, I hate to get up, I hate to get up in the morning.

5. I love to play games. Card games, board games, video games, and even those magazine books of games like sudoku, crossword puzzle, and logic puzzles. If I hear someone planning to "get together later to play cards", I am not too proud to invite myself over. I have imposed on many a family game night. So if you don't want me there,.....too bad

6. My final and favorite fact about me is...........I love being with my family. I know it is cliche` and sappy, but it is true. I love being with all my brother and sisters, and all their spouses, and kids. I love being with my cousins and aunts and uncles. I love all their spouses, and kids too. I look forward to every family event with all of them. I love to include myself, again, in events I know I wasn't really invited to, just to hang out with them. I even love my cousins who probably don't even know I exist. I love to stay up all night talking with my family. One of my favorite things to do is reminisce about things. I have the best memories of my childhood, and I love to talk about them. I loved going to family reunions, I love watching the home videos (you would know I am serious then, because we have all seen what I look like on them, thank you Jenny). I love that we all do this blog so I can feel up to date with everyone. I love that my cousin Sam has a blog now also. I love that he didn't know who I was when I stayed with him last summer. And I love that he probably doesn't remember that I stayed with him last summer. I love that my cousin Tim's wife, Brenda, thought enough of me to tag me, even though she probably did it because they were running out of people to tag, but still, she thought of me. Which brings me to another reason I am glad (and maybe even the real reason) my cousin Sam has a blog. I now have to come up with 6 people to tag!

The winners are.... Sam, Mom, Jeni, Jeni's sister Jamie, Jeni's sister Ashlee, and my sister Becky, who doesn't ahve a blog yet, but I am sure it is only because she is out of town. As soon as she gets back it will be up and going and I am giving her her first thing to write about. Now I know you will all do this, for the same reason I did it. Have we all seen the picture of Sara's foot? (if not, check it out here http://sarastrasser.blogspot.com/) That was the result of not following a chain letter correctly!

5 comments:

Hot Pants said...

Don't assume that because I neglected to single out my mom and dad, that they aren't my favorite of you all. Because they totally are!! I love you marmy and popsy!

ManicMandee said...

Great job Amy! That was very entertaining to read and I learned new things about you.

E said...

We have many, many things in common--like we're sisters or something. I love preteen movies, too, but nobody will go with me :(

Anonymous said...

I hate preteen movies unless they are from the 80's but todays are just no good. The acting, the music..I do however..LOVE meangirls!! My kids love drake and josh and the acting is the worst I have seen yet. I love to watch them watch it though. Also, do you ever wonder what steve from blues clues does when he gets off work? Do you think he brings a duffle bag to work and changes his clothes before he walks out to his car? Just some thoughts

Emily said...

I'm with you on the Craigs list obsession. We've bought and sold lots of crap there!